And #7 may surprise you.
As if the ever-changing, lightning-speed business environment didn’t make growing a healthy, nimble organization difficult enough – a pandemic came along and turned that environment onto its head.
Companies of all sizes have been forced to adjust – to improve their systems, slash expenses, and grow revenue. While some technologies are only available to the big players, one critical technology is not.
Business Process Automation (BPA) is for companies of all sizes and budgets. BPA allows you to automate repetitive tasks so that your team can invest their time in higher-value work.
BPA is critical for organizations competing and thriving today because it allows you to replace valuable human resources with machine labor on repetitive tasks. Leaders who leverage automation will simplify their internal processes and deliver better customer experiences.
Business Process Automation enables you to automate processes that:
- Are fundamentally repetitive
- Lack any need for logical thinking or human intervention
- Need to be consistent across the entire organization
- Need to be mistake-free
8 Top Benefits of BPA
- Reduction in Human Hours – Automation reduces the amount of time a team member spends to complete all of their tasks.
- Elimination of Errors – Since entering data manually is no longer a factor, typos and other entry mistakes are eliminated. Once accurate data is in the database, it’s used for indexing and data management throughout the organization.
- Internal Stability – Automated processes create stability. They build the foundation of “a well-oiled machine” where processes are accurate, consistent, and dependable – every time.
- Consistent Customer Experience – When customers know what to expect, and repeatedly have their expectations met, it builds a healthy brand image and delights customers. It creates peace of mind for customers, knowing their information is in secure hands.
- Improved Customer Service – Chatbots can answer simple and common questions immediately without forcing the customer to wait, and free up customer service reps to focus on more complex, less frequent issues.
- Reduction in Overhead – Improvements in efficiency and accuracy influence the bottom line by saving labor and supply resources and allowing you to handle more customers and clients. For example, document-signing, expense and workflow management, and paying vendors and employees can be automated.
- Improvement in Employee Morale – Surprising? While some fear being replaced by automation, a partnership between humans and technology is more likely – and more valuable. Equipping team members to spend more time on high-value work can add purpose and meaning to their work. Your team has time to think of fresh and innovative ideas to help the overall business succeed.
- Governance Enforcement – Your new system will record the task, who performed it, and when it was completed. All tasks can be monitored from one interface. You’re infusing both transparency and accountability into your systems.
Some Common Ways to Implement BPA
- New employee onboarding
- Job application processing
- Interview scheduling
- Payroll and benefits
- Expense reports
- Travel authorizations
- Lead qualification and prioritization
- Assigning prospects to reps
- Produce reports
- Sales forecasts
- Appointment reminders
- Status changes
Finance & Accounting
- Bill payment
- Collection reminders
- Document management
- Data backups
- Account notifications
- Social media publication
- Content recommendations
- Email updates and offers
- Email autoresponders
- Customer satisfaction surveys
- Event registration
- Promote events
Automation Can Work For You
Every company is unique. You have unique needs requiring a customized solution. Because BPA is not just for large enterprises, any company can, and should adopt the automation tools that will enable them to save time and resources to operate more efficiently and provide better service.
The team at Emory Solutions has the experience and expertise to solve your specific problems. Simply submit the form below to schedule a brief strategy session to help us learn about your challenges and discover how we can partner with you to solve them.